Do what you love that’s what gives you joy, Do what you are passionate about that’s what brings you fulfilment. Start that business, Start selling your own products, Start your own photo studio, Start your own clothing line, Start that YouTube channel. Start that blog. Start that side hustle
We hear it all the time. Some people emphasize on the benefits of making money by doing what you love while others may warn you about the challenges you will face on your journey.
I’m here to tell you the truth. Unless you’re highly talented or you have knowledge of something rare that can solve people’s problem, it will be hard to make money by doing what you love.
Let me tell you how and what you will feel if you have not started your journey yet.
- You will feel like a failure.
- You will doubt yourself.
- You will find reasons to quit and go back to normal life.
- You will be hated and criticized.
- You will burn out and feel exhausted.
- You will be confused and overwhelmed.
- You will do things you hate.
- You will make sacrifices.
- You will waste your time and money.
- Your life will be uncertain.
Surprised? no? Maybe you’ve heard all of that. But is it that bad as it sounds?
It is worse than it sounds like. When we experience these things, in reality, it’s much worse than reading or knowing about it.
So why are we doing all this? Is it worth the effort? Let’s see the opposite side of the spectrum.
- You will be on an adventure.
- You will learn a lot of new things.
- You will learn a lot about yourself.
- You will do something you’re passionate about.
- You will fight for your freedom.
- You will meet new people on a similar journey as you.
- You will learn to embrace failures.
- You will learn to handle stress and depression.
- You will learn to celebrate small wins.
- You will grow as a person.
You will experience all of the good and the ugly side of following your passion and doing what you love.
If you’re only expecting good things, then forget about it and go back to your normal lifestyle. The package is only reserved for people willing to take it fully.
If you choose to live a normal lifestyle, then there is nothing wrong about it. If you enjoy your life the way it is, then you don’t need to take the journey. But if you want to take the risk and write your own story, then I salute you.
You are a badass. Few people have the courage to do so and stick with it even after experiencing the ugly parts of the journey.
Yes, it will be hard and messy. But it’s up to you to make the journey worthwhile.
I accept the full package. What about you?
Written by Prakhar